World Hunger

No Comment - Post a comment


credits to anime gallary

World Hunger


Often I would feel really bad if I don't finish my meal. I would go up to the trash and scrap it all out. All that precious food wasted.

I'm sitting here eating hamburgers, fries, and all those luxury food out there. While somebody in the 3rd World Country is starving at this exact second. Stop for a moment....Ask yourself. How would I feel, if I could only get 1 meal once a week? Devastated?

I myself, have a lot of family members still living in a 3rd World Country, struggling everyday to get 1 decent meal a day. It is the truth, no lies.

The World We Live In (Fact)

Yes believe it or not, this is the world we live in today. World Hunger affects 16% of the world's population (797,900,000 people 2008 estimate). That is a lot of people! But what can you do to help?

One Click is all it Takes

During Winter break, I stumbled across this news article (doesn't exist anymore!). As I read this article, I saw this site called

Freerice.com <--Amazing Simple Site it is! One click is all it takes literally. I'm being serious here, one click. But how? Well is is how the site works, step by step, so you won't miss anything.

  1. You go to the site
  2. You play a small vocabulary mini game
  3. You win 20 grains of rice for winning
  4. Repeat Steps 2-4 for more Rice
It's that simple. Sponsors agree to paid for the 20 grains of rice for each answer right. The money is then given to United Nations World Food Program (WFP), which then they distribute to the hungry people in need. One click can feed a spoonful to one person. Thats all it takes to make a small difference.



*Also check out what this blog is really all about. By click "Introduction"*
--> on that bar there you know.

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment

\